Name : Er. RATAN KUMAR DATTA
Educational Qualification : B.E (Electronics), 1965, Jadavpur University, Calcutta.
Date of Birth : 01.09.1941.
Address : Laboratory : 10A, Madan Mohan Tala Street, Kolkata-700005, West Bengal, India
Office & Residence : 2/2M, DR. Panchanan Mitra Lane, calcutta – 700 005.
Professional Membership : IEEE (USA), Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
MISI (Member Indian Statistical Institute), Calcutta.
Professional Experiences : Over 35 years of Industrial research and development in various organisations in Government and MNC. Carried out various R&D projects in DSIR (Development of Industrial Research), New Delhi, Recognised laboratories. A number such project include.
- Benificiation project on Magnesite ore with high power microwave and superconducting field to enrich magnesite ore for better magnesia carbon refrectories production and capturing markets locally and globally at Burn Standard Company Limited in association with SAMEER (Society of Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering Research) a DOE set up at Chennai and Calcutta.
- Energy Efficient (60%) microwave firing of magnesite ore suitable for basic refractories at Burn Standard Company Limited, Salem.
- Was external Examiner for B.Tech (Electronics), IIT Kharagpur for 2 terms.
- Manager (R&D) Electro Medical Allied Industries Ltd, 1983 to 1985.
- Manager (Electronics) at Triveni sheet glass at Iradatgang, Allahabad, from 1985 to 1987.
- Technical Adviser (Electronics), Reyrolle Burn Ltd, from 1987 to 1991.
- Manager (R&D) at Burn Standard Company Ltd, since 1991 till date.
- Was guide for MBA project on study of consumer Behaviour For Burn’s Magnesia Carbon Refractories on behalf of School of Management Studies Indira Ghandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi- 110068